2003 - JOBSTOR.COM
|This category in other languages:|
- Æ Aeragon - Aeragon traces some of the history of military technology transfer to civilian applications. Aeragon is dedicated to analyzing the influence that developments in military technology have had upon modern material existence.
- Allexperts Military History Q&A - Volunteer historians who answer one-on-one individualized questions about military history for free. Also includes a discussion forum.
- The Associates of Military History - An organization founded in December of 1997 dedicated to the study of military history. Membership is free.
- Clash of Steel - Searchable database of military engagements throughout history. Also picture gallery and discussion forum.
- Documents in Military History - Collection of primary sources for military history, currently focused primarily on European military history before the twentieth century.
- Duels and Dueling on the Web - Comprehensive guide to sword and pistol dueling in Europe and the Americas (15th-19th century).
- Gehghis Khan: Project World Conquest - Comparison of four attempts at World Conquest by a single man (Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Hitler) and two case-studies Hassan I Sabbah and Machiavelli
- The Great Wars - Overview of the conflicts in Europe from 1871 to 1945.
- Historic Battles - Military history discussion forum, with collection of articles and other resources.
- Historical Battle Guide - Details the author's visits to various battlefields around the world, with brief information and pictures.
- iLearn Asia: British Military Terms of Indian Origin - A glossary of military terms and soldier slang derived from Indian usages.
- John's Military History Page - Virtual tours of Revolutionary War and Civil War battlefields and armored fighting vehicles.
- Leaders and Battles Database - Searchable database of major conflicts, battles and leaders from the Persian Wars to World War II.
- Line of Battle Enterprise - Military print vendor. Site offers extensive archive of thumbnailed artwork of persons, ships, battles, and other scenes from the naval heritage of the United States and Britain, and from American military history.
- Lost Wars and Battles Internet List - A military history group for people fascinated with the countries and armies who have LOST wars and battles.
- Military Quotes - A collection of almost one thousand quotes related to war and military matters. Also includes jokes and a discussion forum.
- The Military Revolution - Military developments in Europe in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries.
- New York Military Affairs Symposium - Newsletters, forthcoming events and a good selection of military links from this academic organisation.
- OnWar.com - Military history site that includes a database of world conflicts and other military events 1800-1999.
- The Patriot Files - A collection of articles are dedicated to the men and women of the armed forces and the many people who support them.
- Rongstad's Worldwide Military History - Huge collection of military history links, with emphasis on the US.
- The Simonides Group - A non-profit organization devoted to remembering the world's military heritage through providing research, restoration, preservation and archaeological support. Web services description and list of hosted groups.
- Society for Military History - Devoted to stimulating and advancing the study of military history in the United States. Site describes publications, membership information, conferences, leadership, and SMH-sponsored awards and prizes.
- War and Conflict - Past, Present, Future - Well presented site that "aims to provide comprehensive information about the theory and conduct of war". Largely written by high school students, which sometimes shows in the quality of the articles.
- The War Page - Comprehensive site with information, letters and photos from a US perspective of the US Civil War, Philippine Campaign, Mexican Service, World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
- The War Times Journal - An on-line magazine of military history which features original articles and archives covering wars and campaigns of all periods.
- Wars of the World - Collection of links to military history sites.
- Web Page of Durfee - Gateway to information on the American Revolution and on medieval Europe.
- West Point Atlases - A collection of on-line maps covering wars from the eighteenth century to the present day.