2003 - JOBSTOR.COM
|This category in other languages:|
- About Genealogy - Explore your family history online at this genealogy how-to site. Find free genealogy databases, lessons, articles and tools for tracking down your family tree.
- All Ancestors - Records left by ancestors can be found in many places. We are collecting some of those records to help others find their ancestors.
- Ancestor Genealogy Photo Archive - Free genealogy collection of vintage family photos to help find your ancestors and surnames in your genealogy research.
- Ancestor Hunt Free Genealogy Search Engines - A collection of genealogy search engines to help locate ancestors. Large sections devoted to Family Bible records and Obituaries.
- Australian Transcriptions - Transcriptions of some newspapers from the 1800's, Grevilles PO directory from 1872, North Coast Schools Histories, Penrith Dispensary Registers and a few other miscellaneous things.
- Awesome Genealogy - Search vital records for your family, including census images, birth records, marriage records and death records. Free offers and tips on genealogy.
- Books We Own - Over 1500 volunteers are willing to provide free lookups in various genealogical books and resources.
- Census Records 1790-1930 - Lists the information given in each census by year for US Federal Census records from 1790-1920 with details about the 1930 census for genealogy.
- Census Records For Vernon County, Missouri - Transcribed census records for the city of Nevada, and for Vernon County, Missouri.
- Center for Life Stories Preservation - Tips, references, guidelines and online tools for gathering and sharing family memories and life stories.
- Chartist Ancestors - For family historians searching for ancestors involved in the Chartist movement in the UK in the nineteenth century. Lists active members, journal subscribers and others named in contemporary newspapers and books.
- Colonial Ancestors - Genealogy information and documents about ancestors in the thirteen original colonies.
- Directory of Irish Genealogy - Genealogy registry, information, links, FAQ, advice about professional research, articles and more for tracing Irish ancestors.
- Distant Cousins - Help for amateur genealogists. Many links, books, offline resources, and personal homepages. General resources and resources organized by ethnicity and country of origin.
- Easy Family Tree Internet Genealogy - Resource center for using digital, electronic and Web technology to locate your family tree and share your findings with others.
- E-Family - A free resource for genealogy research of south African ancestry.
- Family Researcher - Resource for researching family lineage. Includes data links, beginner's instructions and various aides.
- Family Web - Digital Dosima mainly covers East African Asians from the Gujarati community.
- Free-b-kins - Custom designed, free graphics specifically for genealogy and history. Includes buttons, bars, and themes to download free.
- Genealogical Journeys In Time - Features over 400 pages of genealogy surnames, queries, research tips and guides, message boards and links.
- Genealogy - The Armchair Hobby? With Jenny Brandis - Searchable site for the Australian and New Zealand researcher. Holds cemetery inscriptions, ship passenger lists, and readers articles.
- Genealogy Blog - Daily news, tips, and tutorials related to family history.
- Genealogy Finds - Genealogy information contained in scanned documents from the past, to help you find your ancestors and surnames for your genealogy research.
- Genealogy Help in the UK for Private Researchers - Genealogy Help provides local history, photos, parish registers transcriptions and census return transcriptions. Mainly for the county of Somerset.
- Genealogy Helpers - Clipping service of newly published (and quite interesting) articles and databases.
- Genealogy Helplist - A collection of genealogy volunteers willing to help others by looking up specific items at institutions near them, or help supply other information easily accessible to them.
- Genealogy Research Club - Tips on researching, posting of queries and surnames and a searchable database of queries and surnames.
- Geneology of Mexico - A comprehensive resource of spanish geneology information including lists of soldiers and settlers serving in expeditions as far back as 1519, conquistadores serving under Cortez, and names of the first Spanish settlers in California.
- GenHelp: Genealogy Help at your Fingertips - Helps users find ancestors with free interactive genealogy articles, research tips and lessons. Each article and tutorial allows the reader to respond or request further assistance.
- GenieSpeak - Contains links to upcoming events, a speakers bureau, vendors, societies/family associations, family pages, societies seeking vendors and databases.
- GenLookups.com - A directory of genealogy lookup volunteers and volunteer sites for assistance in finding family data.
- GenTutor Heritage Home Page and Genealogy Tutor Tips - Genealogy and history links to more than two dozen pages by Beverly Whitaker, Genealogy Tutor. Includes genealogy tips and information about early American roads, trails, and churches.
- Genwriters - Writing for Future Generations - A source for genealogy enthusiasts to find ideas and resources to bring their family history to life. The focus here is on writing family histories and genealogies.
- Helm's Genealogy Toolbox - Features Journal of Online Genealogy, queries, software links, and links to over 50,000 genealogical web sites.
- How to Obtain Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates - Centers for Disease Control - where to write for vital records.
- Lineages, Inc. - A major genealogy reference library and resource center built and maintained by professional genealogists who understand the needs of beginning researchers and experienced family historians.
- Neupanat - A resource for searching the Neupanat Parish Records. The records have not been translated and appear as images of the actual documents.
- The Olden Times: Old Newspapers for Genealogy - Obits, births, marriage, and old news stories, all scanned from 18th-20th c. U. S. newspapers. Index of names, search engine.
- Olive Tree Genealogy - Genealogy and primary source documents covering a wide spectrum of genealogy, from ships lists to American heritage to Canadian Loyalists.
- OneFamilyTree - Provides simple and easy way of building your family tree online. Find your ancestors,research your family tree.
- The OpenGen Project - Aims to develop standards in the area of genealogical and historical data processing. Includes details of the project and mailing list.
- Our Family Tree - Create a Family Tree online with photos for your family to visit. Come and see our family to get an idea of how the site works.
- Past Faces - A databank of old photos and early portraits of people from many locations to complement family tree data.
- Past Voices: Letters Home - Search free genealogy collection of vintage letters from soldiers and ordinary people. Find your ancestors and build your family tree. Includes tips and articles on finding and preserving old documents.
- RootsWeb - Genealogical resource with searchable databases, family trees, mailing lists, and message boards.
- Surname Genealogy Archive - Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources.
- Surname Search Utility - A helpful search tool useful for finding surnames that are also common English words, such as Day, Wood, Parks, and Golden.
- Surname to Soundex Calculator - An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations.
- Tombstone Birthday Calculator - Online utility calculates birth date from death date and age at death. Includes dates of change from Julian to Gregorian calendar by country.
- Tombstone Central by Cassy Sommers - Tombstones from many different states, including but not limited to Oklahoma, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Texas, Indiana.
- US Legacies - Preserving Memories, History and Family Traditions, through sharing genealogy information, excerpts from diaries, old photographs and recipes from a bygone era.
- USGenealogy.net - Provides many services including free home pages (with Geneweb/Gedviewer), chat rooms, discussion boards and searchable databases.
- USGenealogy.net - We provide many services including FREE home pages, web tree, chat rooms, discussion boards and searchable database. We enjoy helping others in their search.
- Vive La Cajun - Provides free genealogy resources for researching Louisiana, the U.S., Canada and Europe.