2003 - JOBSTOR.COM
|This category in other languages:|
- Authoritative active file
- Maintained by the Big Eight Moderation Team at isc.org. This active file is a complete and current list of newsgroups available. Not limited to the "Big 8" groups only.
- About News-Posting, by J R Stockton - Explanation of Usenet terms and tips on how to write and post to Usenet.
- Alternate Usenet TOP 1000 - An alternate to the Freenix Top 1000 site.
- Amiga Network News - Amiga newsgroup summaries.
- Computer Partners - Brief explanation of newsgroups and instructions for using Netscape Navigator or Outlook Express for reading newsgroups.
- Finding the Appropriate Newsgroup - Lists of groups listed according to where to post common kinds of posts, where to read about common topics, and so on.
- Free Advice on Usenet News - An editorial introduction to Usenet.
- Freedom Knights of Usenet - Dedicated to free speech, and its implementation on Usenet, an alternative point of view. Information about Usenet sites of Virtue and surviving UDPs.
- Internet Software Consortium - An FTP site with archives of various Usenet related documents. Includes active files, control messages, list of Usenet hierarchies.
- Jukka Korpela's Material about Usenet - Selection of links to material on Usenet. Editorials by Jukka explaining the workings of Usenet and the reasons for certain conventions.
- Kevin Butler's Simple Guide to Newsgroups - A brief history about the origin of newsgroups and tips on how to participate in newsgroups.
- Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ material - Timo Salmi has extensive advice on how to participate effectively in Usenet. Topics include: Proper quoting, proper signatures, how to respond to "crackpots", where to put test postings and other important topics.
- Master List of Newsgroup Hierarchies - A complete list of newsgroup hierarchies and their descriptions.
- Mib Software Usenet Rapid Knowledge Transfer - Information about Usenet for users and developers.
- Netscan Newsgroup Tracker - Social statistics on Usenet groups including number of posts and crossposts.
- News Group Help.com - Subscription tutorials on how to download files from binary newsgroups, such as movies, mp3s and programs.
- news.groups.reviews Homepage - Submission guidelines and archived reviews from news.groups.reviews, a newsgroup carrying reader-written reviews of other newsgroups.
- news2mail.com - Have the news from Usenet newsgroups delivered to your mail-inbox.
- Newsry - Similar to web hosting, hosts newsgroups accessible by connecting to newsry.com (or a client's domain name). Newsgroups can be private (password protected) or public, but are not necessarily distributed to other news servers.
- pi's smiley list - Comprehensive list of smilies used on Usenet.
- Rules for posting to Usenet - Brief introduction to Usenet and appropriate guidelines to follow for posting.
- SmR-usenet - Usenet tutorials, FAQs, and reviews of usenet providers. Also providing free posting services via NNTP for text-only newsgroups.
- Snoozenet - Tim Pierce's New's Hacking page. Includes links to RFC 977, 1036, son-of-1036.
- Top 1000 Usenet Sites - Statistics on Usenet sites calculated by taking a sample of news articles on many sites. Participation open to all Usenet sites, no matter how small. Stats available through mailing list or on this site.
- The Usenet Newbie Project - Learn everything about the Usenet in one place. How to access it, how to read posts, explanation of technical terms and acronyms and how to create your own Newsgroups.
- Usenet Replayer - Web-based Usenet tools, including news resources archive, news server search, posting and retrieving of Usenet messages, advertising products, and forgery cancellations. Free.
- User's Guide to the Changing Usenet - Explains how RFDs (Requests For Discussion) and CFVs (Call For Votes) can be used to change a Usenet newsgroup. Gives tips on how to stay abreast of changes in newsgroups and how to be an active participant.
- W-net : Everything About Usenet - Usenet basics. Learn about newsgroups from scratch. Learn how to get banned Newsgroups. Partial list of Newsgroups.